In every communication system, we either need analog or digital for transmitting the communication channel. This channel can be wireless or linked with wires. It is not at all a practical thing to allocate individual channels for every user. So for making It easier the process of multiplexers is used. The multiplexer is nothing but a device that will allow the digital transformation from different sources that can be routed properly for transmitting signal.
Multiplexing software can provide the capability to multiplex each file present on a different time slot into the single aggregate output file and reverse this process into an individual time slot file known as the DE multiplex process. The program is mainly applicable to t1 or E1 multiplex systems. It is the companion software for transmitting the files and receiving the program file available with t1 and E1 cards.
In the process of multiplexing, a particular frame is being created with a single byte from every input file. Finally, this frame is coupled into an output file where the process is repeated until all the bytes from the input file get exhausted. Once the smaller file’s end is reached, the bytes read all the files from the beginning of filler bytes used for padding. But in the de-multiplexing case, the bytes from the input file are copied into the output file successively from the first file to the last file. Every time one byte is copied into another file.
Why use this software?
This software is known to be an accompanying software for transmitting the files and receiving the programming file accompanying T1 or E1 cards. The files from various time slots can be sent and multiplexed together in the t1 or e1 line using multiplexing features. Then the same file can also be transmitted back by using the loopback technique. The resultant and DE multiplexed files can be compared with an original file to find out faults present in the line and the faults free working of DE multiplexing or multiplexing algorithm used.
Features of multiplexing
Now Let’s have a look at the main features of multiplexing that includes the following-
- For multiplexing, the user interstate file format can be any of the numbers of channels starting from 2 to 24.
- The user also provides the names of the output file for DE multiplexed output. The user will also be able to select all the time slots for DE multiplexing then after the user enters the format’s file of the aggregate input file, which can be any number of the channel from 2 to 24.
- Mux De-mux applications support DE-multiplexing and multiplexing of files having different sizes. It contains a wrap file feature that enables retransmission of the smaller file from the beginning until copying all the files into the output file. In case if the wrap future is not checked, then filler bytes are used to fill the gaps.
The application user interface of multiplex de multiplex contains 2 sections: DE-multiplex and multiplex section at the bottom. This user interface consists of 32 edit control for an input file section that can be used to select various data streams or files. One control can also be used for selecting an output file known as a multiplexed file. It also provides an additional setting control such as load, wraps, clear, save, progress, exit, multiplex, and bar. These are mainly useful for storing current settings or loading or files to erase the displayed setting. While checking wrap, It enables retransmission of some small file from the beginning until copying all files into the output file.
De-multiplexing user interfaces allow users to choose input files and 32 controls that will enable the user to choose the file’s name. Using this file, the user intends to De-multiplex all the multiplexed data. The multiplexing interface also provides some additional control like clear, saves, progress bar, exit, and De-multiplex. These controls are mainly useful for storing the files to erase all the displayed settings.
What is a multiplexer?
The multiplexer is known to be a device that allows more than one no-speed digital input or analog signal to select, combine, and get transmitted at High speed on a single shared device or medium. You can share numerous signals to one device by using a transmission conductor like copper wire or a cable of fiber optics. Mux functions like single output and multiple input switches.
In tele communication, the combined analog, signals, and digital are mainly considered to be a single output high-speed signal that transmits into various communication channels by utilising a particular multiplexer technique. Using single output signal and double input signals, the device is called as one multiplexer containing 4 input signals.
For an analog signal in telecommunication, a time-division multiplexer selects multiple samples of every analog signal. It then combines them into a single amplitude modulated with a white band analog signal. Digital signal in telecommunication on a computer network with several variable data streams of input signals may be multiplexed or combined into a single constant bandwidth signal.
A multiplexer may need a DE multiplexer to complete the process to separate all multiplex signals carried out by a single shared device or medium. A DE multiplexer and multiplexer are combined into a single device to process both outgoing and incoming signals. A single multiplexer output also is connected to a single input of De-multiplexer over a single channel. Both The method is used as a cost-saving measure due to transmission of various communication systems in both directions.
Role of muxing in video processing
The process of video making, multiplexing help to combine audio and videos input. In digital video making, multiplexing combines subtitles and metadata by placing the inputs into a single container. These containers come in different forms like multimedia file-AVI, mp4, WEBM, MOV.
There are many ways to look at the best muxing software in video processing. At the initiation of the process, you may find numerous inputs that you can combine. These inputs include things like subtitles, videos, and audio. So working on a video editing software, you’re going to save files and engaged in the process of muxing. While saving, you can compress all types of inputs into an output container like mp4 or MOV.
De-muxing in video maker
After muxing all inputs like audio, video into a single container, you need to unpackage all these elements. So whenever you are laying one of these files on the computer, your computer can de-mux them. However, your computer can unwrap the container by taking all individual inputs and sending them to the correct place. It can also take out the output video and send it to your monitor so that the video will be visible. Additionally, it also takes out the output audio and then sends it to the computer speakers.
Techniques in multiplexing
There are different types of multiplexing, and here we will discuss time-division multiplexing, frequency division multiplexing, and statistical multiplexing. So let’s start.
- Time-division multiplexing
TDM is known to be a technique that essentially combines the lower rate channels into a single high rate channel. The users of time-division multiplexing are assigned with the digital signals that are placed into different time slots. It also allows the user to receive the signals within the same amount of time.
Time-division multiplexing focus on delivering signals in partial to need and priority that is not always practical. Statistical multiplexing analyzes every user’s need and priority and then decides which user will determine the amount of time. Let’s take two types of users: user A and user B. User A contains more data than user B. Here TDM of both users is allotted the same amount of time slot. This is because it contains more amount of data and is given higher priority.
- Space division multiplexing
This multiplexing technique is based on a space division that uses a distinct node electricity conductor for each communicated channel. It also involves an analog studio having a single couple of fires for several suitable networks.
- Frequency division multiplexing
Every input signal of the spectrum is moved to a distinct range of frequency. It is considered an analog method where different margin signals attain frequency division multiplexing into one signal and transmitting the signals in different frequency ranges over a single medium.
All these signals are known to be electrical signals, and the application includes television broadcasting using remote sources, mobile and satellite divisions, cable television, and traditional radio.
- Polarization division multiplexing
This technique polarizes electromagnetic signals for segregating the orthogonal channels. It is mainly implemented in the frequency modulation application as well as optical communication.
- Orbital angular momentum multiplexing
It is also a recent method used in multiplexing the signals having multiple channels carried out by electromagnetic signals over a unified way. It is also used as a supplementary for other physical multiplex techniques that maximize communication and network capacity.
Advantages and disadvantages of multiplexer
Now let’s know about some of the advantages and disadvantages of the multiplexer. The advantages of multiplexer include the following-
- Using multiplexer, Implementation of different combination logic ckts becomes easier.
- It also reduces ckt cost and complexity
- It provides an advanced level of ability of MUX
- It does not need simplification, and K maps
Disadvantages of multiplexer
- Delays in switching the ports
- Extra IO requires control multiplexer
- You may find some limitations to use the ports
- Delays in signal propagating through multiplexer
Other application areas of Muxing
There are other applications where the best Muxing software technology is used. Let’s have a look at those applications.
- Telegraphy is considered to be the earliest communication technology that uses electrical wires by sharing an interest in economics afforded by multiplexing. Some early experiments also allow two separate messages to travel in the opposite direction simultaneously.
- A telephone line of a customer have a remote concentrator box where it gets multiplexed with other telephonic lines for other similar areas. The signal of mux is carried out to the central switching office. The fiber in the loop is also a common multiplexing method that always uses optical fiber as its backbone. It not only connects the POTS phone line with the rest of PSTN but also replaces DSL by connecting it directly.
- In the digital television system, different trade data streams are being multiplexed to fix bit rate transport streams using statistical multiplexing. This helps to transfer several audio and video channels over the same frequency channel using various services. This also involves many standard-definition television programs with a single SDTV channel over 8 megahertz wide television channels. When a device accomplishes this system, then it is called a statistical multiplexer. In another system, the multiplexing results in the MPEG transport stream.
- Multiplex in digital radio is known to be several radio stations collected at a single point. This multiplex is a stream of much digital information that includes audio and other data. Communication satellite carries broadcast television as well as radio network is known as multiple channels per carrier.
- In analog broadcasting and FM, media MUX adds the subcarriers to the audio signal before entering the transmitter. In this sense, multiplexing is known as MPX, an old term used for stereophonic FM and seen on the stereo system since 1960.
Muxing has a wide range of uses, and the main goal of multiplexing is to share the signals. It combines different inputs like audio and video, which are compressed into a single container file. After being compressed, the computer de-mux the container. After de-muxing computer sends different info to some areas where the media can be played correctly, it is the best way of sending the signals.
Most people engage with the muxing process every day. Now you may have got a proper idea about the scenes that are going behind while you save your audio and video files as MP4. Whenever you open a MOV file or save any mp4, you should always remember the process of de-muxing and muxing.